LVMPD reported the following statistics:
There was a 62% increase in the number of arrests and a 181% increase in the number of traffic citations.
56 arrests, of which there were:
8 were felony violations,
1 gross misdemeanor,
0 Motorcycle thefts
9 of those arrests were for DUI
551 Traffic Citations
The Bullhead City Police reported:
A 55% increase in arrests which were:
- 34 arrests
- 40 traffic citations
- Of which there were: 3 DUI's, 3 Narcotics Arrests
From our personal experience from visiting the Casino drive over the 4 days, we felt-
- There were bigger crowds. From our perspective at least, it seemed to be more of a weekend biker or non-biker crowd than a traditional biker crowd.
- There seemed to be more Vendors, with less parking space in the Casino lots.
- More children, which we feel shouldn't be permitted in the areas where alcohol is being sold.
- Overall, in spite of or perhaps due to the higher arrests and citations, it seemed to be an overall safe and well run event.
Is the annual Laughlin River Run becoming more of a higher priced event and less of a traditional Bike Rally? We aren't sure but that was the feel we came away with.
Follow us on Facebook to see more
pictures from this year's River Run
*All content in this blog post are presented for entertainment and informational purposes only. Statistics, dates, events, times, etc. are the sole responsibility of the entity who provides them and is subject to change solely by them.
Statistics source in part from Mohave Daily News:
We receive no compensation from the properties, events, sponsors, groups, organizations, or restaurants mentioned or pictured in this blog post and are not in any way affiliated with them.