FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE Contact: Corey Enus (702) 219-5193
BOIL WATER ORDER ISSUED FOR LAUGHLIN, NEV(Laughlin, Nev., June 23) – Effective immediately, the Big Bend Water District has issued a Boiled Water Order to properties and water users within Casino Drive corridor of Laughlin, Nev. in response to a water main break near Bruce Woodbury Drive and Casino Drive (does not apply to properties in Arizona). Water District crews are onsite and making repairs.
While repairs are under way, a Boil Water Order has been issued for all water users in Laughlin located between the following streets (see map):
- Thomas Edison Drive (west boundary)
- Casino Drive (east boundary)
- State Route 163 (north boundary)
- Harrah’s Laughlin (south boundary)Properties located outside of the area identified above an on the map are not affected by this Boil Water Advisory.All water users in area identified above must take the following action:BOIL WATER FOR DRINKING AND COOKING
- DO NOT DRINK THE WATER WITHOUT BOILING IT FIRST
- Boiled or bottled water should be used for drinking, making ice, washing dishes, brushing teeth and food preparation until further notice.
- To meet recommendations for a “Boil Water Order,” bring the water to a rolling boil for 1 minute and cool before using. Timing starts when the water starts to bubble. Cool the water then place it in clean containers for use or refrigerate.
- The water can be used for hand washing; however, additional disinfection such as hand sanitizer is recommended.CURTAIL NON-ESSENTIAL WATER USE
- Laughlin residents and businesses take immediate steps to reduce water use.
- Shut off outdoor sprinklers and irrigation systems.
- Do not use water outdoors.
- Although the Big Bend Water District has reservoirs throughout the area, storage capacity is limited.This Boil Water Order remains in effect until future notification.For more information, BBWD customers can all the 24-hour customer service number at 702-870-4194.
The Boil Water Order applies to all Laughlin, Nev. properties highlighted in the area in red.